Emergency Management Manual Victoria
The Emergency Management Manual Victoria contains policy and planning documents for emergency management in Victoria, and provides details about the roles different organisations play in the emergency management arrangements.
The Department of Justice's Police and Emergency Management Division maintains the Manual, in collaboration with emergency management agencies. The Role Statements (Part 7) and the Contact Directory (Part 10) are updated annually. Other parts of the Manual are updated as emergency management arrangements change.
Browsing the Manual online
The eManual displays the Emergency Management Manual Victoria as a single, structured, searchable document, which can be used to find all information relating to a particular topic. The eManual includes a user guide.
Please note: Part 9 and Part 10 are only accessible as described underneath Downloading and printing the Manual.
Subscribe to receive notification of updates to the Manual
You can subscribe to an email service which will notify you when updates are made to the Manual. Click on the link on the right.
You can purchase a hard copy subscription from the following organisation:
Anstat Pty Ltd
PO Box 447
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Tel: 03 9278 1111
Downloading and printing the Manual
For downloading and printing the Manual, each part is provided in PDF format.
Part 9 - Emergency Management Act 1986, is a page that is external to this site. A link is provided on the right hand side of this page.
Part 10 - Emergency Management Contact Directory is only available to emergency management agency personnel. You may email a request for a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the bottom of the list there is an update guide for the Manual - September 2013.
These link(s) will open in a new browser window.
- Title Page, Manual Information and Table of Contents (PDF 92KB)
- Part 1 - Emergency Management in Victoria (PDF 240KB)
- Part 2 - Emergency Risk Management and Mitigation in Victoria (PDF 205KB)
- Part 3 - State Emergency Response Plan (PDF 1.5MB)
- Part 4 - State Emergency Relief and Recovery Plan (PDF 585KB)
- Part 5 - State and Regional Emergency Management Planning (PDF 92KB)
- Part 6 - Municipal Emergency Management Planning Arrangements: Guidelines for Committees (PDF 383KB)
- Part 6A - Guidelines for Municipal Fire Management Planning (PDF 95KB)
- Part 7 - Emergency Management Agency Roles (PDF 323KB)
- Part 8 - Appendixes and Glossary (PDF 860KB)
- All Users: Guide to updating the Manual - September 2013 (PDF 80KB)
|Author:||Department of Justice|
|Publisher:||Emergency Management Policy and Legislation|
|Date of Publication:||2013|
|Copyright:||State of Victoria, 2013|